Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's Almost Time!

I can't believe that Christmas is this week! I am so stinkin' excited! I've always been one to love giving gifts and I usually can't wait till the actual day to give them...I'm an early giver. But I've managed to hold out this year! I can't wait till tomorrow because 1) Tommy's TV should get delivered and 2) I'm going to bake goodies with my mom! Also, it's the first day of my 5 day break from work!!!!! WHOO! Thursday should be a low key day and then around 4 pm we're going to take Brogan to my parents church (the church I grew up in and where me and the hubbs got married) for the children's service or a birthday party for Jesus! After that, we'll be heading to Tommy's mom and step-dad's house for our Christmas with them and then we'll walk across the street to Tommy's grandma's house for Christmas with the rest of the family. We always have so much fun playing games and just hanging out. Hopefully we'll hook up the Wii and have some bowling matches! So fun! Christmas day will HOPEFULLY be slightly low key, compared to last year anyway. I can't wait to wake Brogan up on Christmas morning and watch him tear in to some presents!

I've devised a plan as to how I'm going to throw Tommy off of what his gift might be! I had already bought him some shirts so I'll wrap those up and put those under the tree. Then, in his stocking next to his candy and Burt's Bees Chapstick, there will be an opened pregnancy test box...hehe! I can't wait to see his face (I'll be sure to record it and hopefully get a picture or two). I figured I'd try to make him sweat it out a little and then hand him his envelope with the TV info in it! He's going to be sooooo relieved. After all the gifts are opened and breakfast is devoured, we will get ready for the day! We're going to Tommy's other grandma's house for lunch but probably won't stay to long cause one little toddler will NEED an afternoon nap! Then, in the evening we'll head over to my parents house! I love watching my nieces and nephew (and this year, my son!) open gifts!

This year, I'm wanting to start a tradition with my side of the family. After all the stockings are empty I want to have everyone write down on a piece of paper (obviously we'll help the little ones with theirs!) their hopes, dreams, goals, etc. for the next year. Then next Christmas, we'll read aloud what everyone wrote and start over. I'm not going to lie, I read this on another blog but I thought this was such a great idea and so much fun, especially with the kiddos.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment