Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend {2011}

I started off my 4 DAY WEEKEND with chores around the house. But I was definitely ok with that! I wanted to get all the laundry, cleaning, dishes, etc done before the actual weekend so I could spend plenty of time with my family. I got to run a few errands on Thursday, one of which included buying my boy some new clothes for Spring/Summer. The Children's Place was having a great sale AND I had a coupon. I love that store! We didn't get home and down for a nap until close to 2; Brogan usually goes down between 12:00 and 1:00...oops :) He finally fell asleep around 3:15 and then slept till 6 pm! Thursdays are the days when I don't see Tommy till after 9 and Brogan doesn't see him at all, unless we're up watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse when Tommy leaves for work. I was definitely ok with Brogan sleeping till later. He went to bed 30 minutes later than normal time but slept like a champ! My kid is definitely one of those that NEEDS an afternoon nap or else he will not sleep at night. Sounds weird, but so so true.

Friday, Mr. B got a haircut and we had lunch at Panera with one of my besties, Jenna. We had a great time just chattin' away and watching Brogan be silly. I've found that having a relaxing girls lunch doesn't happen with a toddler but we still found the time to catch up. Jenna and I have had our issues in the past but we really have overcome some HUGE obstacles and become crazy close. I love that girl SO much and she's a friend who I know will always be there for me no matter what. She may not check her voice mail, but I love her none the less ;) Plus, she owns a gun AND a walkie talkie....holla!

Friday night, Tommy and I went to celebrate one of our dear friends 35th birthday in Kansas City at Dave and Busters. If you've never been, YOU NEED TO GO! It's a restaurant AND a huge arcade. I've never been one to play a lot of video games, but I played my heart out! And won tons of tickets! I got Brogan a stuffed pug and naturally he named it Gus, after our pug.

Saturday, we spent time inside and out. The weather wasn't great so it allowed me to get lots of house work done. I rearranged some things on the kitchen cabinets that just makes me feel more organized. I love that feeling! It's nice to not have clutter all over the place. It was a low key night since I had to get up to sing at church on Sunday.

Brogan got to find his Easter basket before church and he loved all his goodies! He wasn't sure he wanted to leave every thing at home while we went to church. I was asked about a month ago to sing on the praise team for Easter Sunday. I got to sing with our youth director (AWESOME lady with such a talented heart!!) and a friend of mine from high school who I've always enjoyed singing with. I'm gonna toot my own horn and say that we KILLED it! I felt so on fire for God during that service and loved every second! We are going to try to do this once a month and I couldn't be more excited. I get so much more out of church when the music is awesome; I've always been like that. It's my passion, what can I say! After church, Brogan and I headed home to change clothes and get Tommy. We headed up to Tommy's grandma's house to do lunch and Easter egg hunts. The kids had a blast! Brogan even took a nap in a 'big person' bed and did great! After spending most of the day at grandma's house, we headed to my parents house so Brogan could find his Easter basket. Brogan LOVES to help Gramma and Papa in the yard (or wherever he can) so my parents got him a toy shovel and rake. He decided it was a great idea to dump out the fake grass in his bucket and rake it up. Such a big helper! On our way home, we made a quick stop at Tommy's dad's house to see everyone and ended up staying for dinner and a makeshift Easter egg hunt. Brogan sure did make out good between money, candy, and toys.

I have a feeling we'll be eating hard boiled eggs and candy for WEEKS!

Here are some pictures from our Easter afternoon. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures AFTER we left Tommy's grandma's house...oops!























Hope you all had a great Easter!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment