Thursday, September 16, 2010

The last few (or so) days...

Last Saturday morning, I joined one of my best friends in the Breast Cancer walk. Both of my grandma's were diagnosed and fought very hard against breast cancer and it was great to walk in their honor/memory. We walked the 3.4 miles in 1 hour and 3 minutes and felt amazing afterward! We're also going to walk in a BC walk in October also! I love doing something fun for a great cause :)

Here was us after we got finished:



Sunday, we took Brogan to Sesame Street Live for the very first time! Our seats were amazing! Both Tommy and I confessed to each other that we were fighting off tears when we saw how extremely excited Brogan was when all the characters first came out. That was definitely a mommy moment I'll never forget! Brogan only got fussy a few times when he wanted to get down and run up on stage but we obviously wouldn't let him! He would've given anything to give Elmo a HUGE hug!




Brogan's 2nd birthday was Monday and we decided to spend the morning as a family! Tommy doesn't work on Mondays and only has class from 1-4, which worked out great since that's normally when Brogan is napping anyway. We woke up and got ready for our family morning. We took Brogan to our local zoo and he had a great time! He loves animals and being outside! There were hardly any people at the zoo so it was nice having the place (almost) all to ourselves. After we left the zoo, we headed to a new little diner close to our house for lunch. It was so good!







Brogan took a great nap and allowed this momma to get some rest and housework done! Later in the evening, Tommy had to get some homework done so I took Mr. B to a school playground close to our house that we'd never been to before. He had a freaking BLAST!!!! Oh my goodness! He would've stayed there all night if I'd let him. We even went back on Tuesday night (with daddy!) to try it all out again.

I can't believe we have a 2 year old....I have cried several times in the last couple weeks. I love him so much and have enjoyed the last 2 years (plus my pregnancy!) more than I ever thought I could. He brings more joy to my life than anything else(besides the hubbs). I absolutely love being a mommy, especially since it's to a perfect little boy.

Today Brogan had his 2 year checkup and it was a little traumatic. He freaked out the second Nurse Ellie tried to lay him down to see how tall he was. It was downhill from there! It was about time for him to get his Hepatitis A shot and we figured if he was already in a grumpy mood, we might as well go for it. Before the shot, the doctor checked everything over and said he looked perfect! He weighs 28 pounds and is 35 inches tall. Tall and skinny, like his daddy! Of course, the shot time was horrible but he calmed down pretty quick and was fine after that. I was even able to run some quick errands afterward.

Saturday is his Dr Seuss themed birthday party! I'm so excited for him! I can't wait to post pictures!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment