Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Start to a great Summer!

The last few days have been great! Thursday was my day off and the weather couldn't have been nicer! In the afternoon, after doing some much needed laundry, I took our huge quilt outside and layed in the front yard. Brogan and I played out there for at least 45 minutes and it was SOOOOOO relaxing! He loved it! I'm pretty sure he would be outside all the time if we'd let him! :) I cannot wait to get him in a swimming pool; this kid also loves to be in the water! Friday night I hung out with some absolutely amazing girls! We sat around, drank red wine, ate pizza, and laughed! It was so much fun! It's been awhile since I've gotten to spend some time away from the house, just by myself. The only thing that kinda sucked was how I felt Saturday morning! I asked Tommy to get up with Brogan so I could maybe lay there a little longer. I was able to eat a little something and take some Tylenol which helped a ton! I didn't even have that much wine but I think it's cause I'm not used to drinking red wine. My mom said that it has the same effect on her sometimes...so we'll just blame it on genetics :) The rest of Saturday turned out to be great though. I ended up taking Brogan to my mom's and she let me take a nap...a 2 HOUR NAP! I was thrilled! And it was much needed...not just cause of Friday night but just in general. Thanks mom!! And now to Sunday...as I type this, I'm sitting on the couch, while Brogan is napping and Tommy is still sleeping, watching the original 90210 reruns on SOAP Network. So great :) I think today I'm going to get Brogan outside for awhile...either swimming, walking, or just sitting on our blanket!

Oh and Brogan is starting to really grow up! He's pulling himself up on things and you can just see the excitement in his eyes when he does it! He's still doing the army crawl thing but he's trying out his hands and knees a lot more. We also had to lower his crib because he's starting to pull himself up to a standing position and this momma didn't want him to fall out! It's so weird to see him so low in there but I know it's safer for him.

Hope you all had a great summer weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment